Event Date & Time
The California-Nevada Drought Early Warning System (CA-NV DEWS) January 2017 Drought & Climate Outlook Webinar is part of a series of regular drought and climate outlook webinars designed to provide stakeholders and other interested parties in the region with timely information on current drought status and impacts, as well as a preview of current and developing climatic events (i.e. El Niño and La Niña).
Contributors include the California-Nevada Climate Applications Program (CNAP) a NOAA RISA team, NOAA’s Western Regional Climate Center (WRCC), National Weather Service, and the Desert Research Institute (DRI).
Slides from the webinar
- Introduction – Alicia Marrs, NIDIS and Amanda Sheffield, CNAP/Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- California-Nevada Drought and Climate Status Update – Dan McEvoy, WRCC/DRI
- California and Nevada River and Reservoir Status – Cindy Matthews, NWS Sacramento and Tim Bardsley, NWS Reno
- ENSO – Recent Evolution, Current Status and Predictions – Andrea Bair, NOAA/NWS
- Snow Drought – Ben Hatchett, DRI