Event Date & Time
The California-Nevada Drought Early Warning System (CA-NV DEWS) May 2017 Drought & Climate Outlook Webinar is part of a series of regular drought and climate outlook webinars designed to provide stakeholders and other interested parties in the region with timely information on current drought status and impacts, as well as a preview of current and developing climatic events (i.e. El Niño and La Niña). The webinar takes place at 11 a.m. PDT, Tuesday May 30, 2017.
- Introduction – Amanda Sheffield: NIDIS; California-Nevada Climate Applications Program, a NOAA RISA Team; Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- California‐Nevada Climate & Drought Status Update – David B. Simeral, Desert Research Institute; Western Regional Climate Center
- Drought and Climate Seasonal Outlook – Shrad Shukla, University of California Santa Barabara
- Great Basin Fire Potential Outlook 2017 – Gina McGuire, Great Basin Coordination Center, Predictive Services
- Predictive Services – Tom Rolinski, U.S. Forest Service; Predictive Services Program Manager