This will be a working meeting to assess the current status of drought monitoring and prediction in the Missouri River Basin (MRB). The meeting will specifically focus on the lower basin, below Gavins Point Dam. A similar meeting will be held in Rapid City, SD for the upper basin in May or June 2017.
For those that are planning to arrive early we have added a special drought tools workshop on Tuesday, March 7th. The tools workshop will be a half-day, starting at 2 pm and end at 5 pm, followed immediately by an informal networking event. The tools workshop will be a hands-on demonstration of several drought and climate monitoring tools.
If you're planning to attend the tools workshop or have questions please email email@example.com.
- Assess current status of drought early warning in the Missouri River Basin
- Identify next steps to improve the MRB Drought Early Warning System with a focus on the Lower Basin
- Current status of drought monitoring and prediction in the Basin
- Identify states, tribes, watersheds, and municipalities engaged in drought planning and how early warning information matches these efforts
- Identify opportunities to improve monitoring and forecasting, such as improving soil moisture data
For more information, contact Chad McNutt, firstname.lastname@example.org.