Event Date & Time
The Pacific Northwest Drought Early Warning System (PNW DEWS) April 2017 Drought & Climate Outlook Webinar is part of a series of regular drought and climate outlook webinars designed to provide stakeholders and other interested parties in the region with timely information on current drought status and impacts, as well as a preview of current and developing climatic events (i.e. El Niño and La Niña). In addition to the usual updates, Karen Launchbaugh of the University of Idaho Rangeland Center presented information on rangelands.
- Welcome & Intro to NIDIS and PNW DEWS – Amanda Sheffield, SIO/NOAA/NIDIS
- Climate Update – Kathie Dello, CIRC
- Summer 2017 ENSO & Climate Outlook – Mike Murphy, National Weather Service Pendleton
- Mapping & Modeling the Annual Probability of Year Round Streamflow – Roy Sando, USGS Water Science Center
- USDA Northwest Regional Climate Hub Update – Holly Prendeville, NW Climate Hub
- Targeted Grazing to Manage Annual Grasses & Wildland Fuels – Karen Launchbaugh, University of Idaho Rangeland Center