Event Date & Time
The Pacific Northwest Drought Early Warning System (PNW DEWS) August 2017 Drought & Climate Outlook Webinar is part of a series of regular drought and climate outlook webinars designed to provide stakeholders and other interested parties in the region with timely information on current drought status and impacts, as well as a preview of current and developing climatic events (i.e. El Niño and La Niña). This event takes place at 11 am PDT.
- Introduction to NIDIS and the Pacific Northwest Drought Early Warning System (PNW DEWS) – Amanda Sheffield, NOAA/NIDIS/SIO/UCSD
- Update on Current Conditions – Nick Bond, Office of the Washington State Climatologist
- Climate Outlook – Katherine Rowden, National Weather Service
- USDA Northwest Regional Climate Hub Update – Gabrielle Roesch-McNally, USDA
- Fire Research (video) – Sara Rolfs, Era of Megafires