Geospatial Mulit-Agency Coordination (GeoMac) offers fire managers near real-time information, fire perimeter data is updated daily based upon input from incident intelligence sources, GPS data, infrared (IR) imagery from fixed wing and satellite platforms. The GeoMAC web site allows users in remote locations to manipulate map information displays, zoom in and out to display fire information at various scales and detail, and print hard copy maps for use in fire information and media briefings, dispatch offices and coordination centers. The fire maps also have relational databases in which the user can display information on individual fires such as name of the fire, current acreage and other fire status information.
You are here
Geospatial Mulit-Agency Coordination (GeoMac)
What can I do with these data?
- View fire data and perimeters in near real-time. Data is presented in an interactive map and data are updated daily
How do I use the site?
- GeoMAC home page allows you to view fire perimeters.
- Download fire perimeters using the “Download Perimeters” under “Services and Data,” or download REST/WMS services by selecing “Services” under “Services and Data”
- GeoMAC Interactive Map: Use the tools to modify the map view.
- Download map images, select “Print” and imput your map title, select a map layout, select a format, and select “Print”
Geospatial Mulit-Agency Coordination (GeoMAC): link to GeoMAC view home page
Geospatial Multi-Agency Coordination (GeoMAC) Map Viewer: link to GeoMAC interactive mapping application
GeoMAC data: download current or historical data
Data Source: U.S Department of the Interior and U.S. Department of Agriculture
Data Format: images kml pdf shapefile xml