The Climate Toolbox
University of California, Merced, University of Washington Hydro Group, Pacific Northwest Climate Impacts Research Consortium (CIRC, a NOAA RISA team), USDA Northwest Climate Hub, Northwest Climate Adaptation Science Center
The Climate Toolbox is a collection of web tools for visualizing past and projected climate and projected climate and hydrology of the contiguous United States of America.
How to use this site:
- Select and navigate to one of the many Climate Toolbox tools or data products.
Climate Toolbox: homepage for the Climate Toolbox
Climate Toolbox Tools: list of available climate tools covering the contiguous U.S.
- Climate Mapper: The tool provides a shared mapping interface for visualizing recent climate and hydroclimatic data as well as seasonal climate forecasts and longer-term climate projections for the U.S. Additionally, several variables are mapped that have more direct application to agricultural and fire management interests.
- Seasonal Progression: This tool displays a daily time series graph of climate and hydrology data over the current year. This provides a method for real-time drought monitoring of both water, temperatures and fire danger.
- Water Watcher: This tool displays side-by-side maps of different drought metrics all in consistent USDM colors and thresholds along side the USDM maps.
- Data Download: This tool allows download of daily historical climate and hydrology data.
- Climate Tracker: This tool displays annual time series of climate and hydrology data. Included are several drought indices.
Climate Toolbox Data: list of climate datasets covering the contiguous U.S.