This free workshop is an opportunity for Connecticut’s medium and large water utilities to share challenges, solutions and lessons learned in drought response and water loss control. The workshop provides tools and resources that utilities can use to assess and control water loss and mitigate against drought impacts on water supply.
This workshop will specifically include:
- An overview of the U.S. Drought Monitor map and how it relates to water systems
- An introduction to requirements of the Connecticut State Water Plan
- Examples of conservation strategies utilities from across the country are using
- Lessons learned illustrating drought response strategies implemented by Connecticut water utilities
- Water loss, water loss management, and water audit basics.
Who Should Attend?
- Medium and large drinking water utility operators and managers
- Technical assistance providers
- Water sector associations
- Local, state, and federal government agencies
This workshop is sponsored by Connecticut Department of Public Health, Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, Connecticut Office of Policy and Management, Connecticut Water Planning Council, Atlantic States Rural Water & Wastewater Association, and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).