For the first time, this meeting will bring together partners from both the Midwest and Missouri River Basin Drought Early Warning Systems (DEWS). This regional gathering will provide the opportunity for both DEWS networks to share and discuss on-going drought-related activities, learn about new and innovative drought research and resources, explore emerging issues and opportunities, and identify collaborative paths forward that advance drought early warning and preparedness in the region.
When: Thursday, October 13 (all day) and Friday, October 14 (half day)
Where: Omaha, Nebraska
Registration: Register Here
Who should attend: This meeting is open to all, and is particularly relevant to those entities that engage in the following activities:
- Monitoring drought conditions
- Engaging in drought mitigation and water planning
- Utilizing drought information in decision making
- Providing information on drought conditions and impacts
- Conducting research related to drought monitoring, prediction and risk
- Sharing drought information through communication and outreach
Questions? Please contact Molly Woloszyn, Regional Drought Information Coordinator with the National Integrated Drought Information System (NIDIS).