The California-Nevada Drought Early Warning System (CA-NV DEWS) September 2021 Drought & Climate Outlook Webinar is part of a series of regular drought and climate outlook webinars designed to provide stakeholders and other interested parties in the region with timely information on current drought status and impacts, as well as a preview of current and developing climatic events (i.e., El Niño and La Niña). The webinar takes place at 11 a.m. PT, Monday, September 27, 2021.
- Webinar Introduction: Amanda Sheffield, NOAA/NIDIS, CIRES
- Drought and Climate Update & Outlook: John Abatzoglou, University of California Merced
- California Groundwater Update: Steven Springhorn, California Department of Water Resources
- Nevada Groundwater Update: Levi Kryder, Nevada Department of Water Resources
- Autumn Rainfall Arrival and Wildfire Risk in Southern California: Dan Cayan, CNAP/Scripps Institution of Oceanography
A recording of this webinar will be posted on the NIDIS YouTube channel after the webinar.