This regional gathering will bring together partners within the Southern Plains Drought Early Warning System (DEWS) network. The objectives of this 2-day meeting are to:
- Build/rebuild partnerships that may have lagged during the pandemic
- Reiterate the presence of climate service providers and other partners in the region and make plans for working together
- Showcase tools, resources, assessments, and capacity building that each network has to offer
- Refresh the dialog about drought and other climate extremes.
Who Should Attend:
This dialogue is particularly relevant to those entities that engage in the following activities:
- Monitor drought conditions
- Engage in drought and water planning
- Utilize climate information in decision making
- Provide information on climate conditions, extremes and impacts
- Conduct research related to drought monitoring, prediction, and risk.
When: August 2–3, 2022
Where: NCED Hotel and Conference Center
2801 East State Hwy 9
Norman, Oklahoma 73071
Agenda: Southern Plains DEWS Partners Meeting Agenda
Cost: There is no fee to attend. Lunch will be provided each day. Limited travel funds are available upon request.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.