Links on this page lead to quarterly climate impact and outlook statements for the region, post-event reports, past webinars, analyses and other documents relevant to the MRB DEWS. To locate a specific document quickly, use the document search.
2017 Northern Plains Assessment and Attribution Study
- Anthropogenic Contribution to the 2017 Northern Great Plains Drought
- 2018 Experimental Northern Plains Drought Outlook
- 2017 Northern Plains Drought Assessment
- Historical Character of U.S. Northern Great Plains Droughts
- Northern Plains Drought Assessment
- 2017 U.S. Northern Plains Drought Evolution
- U.S. Northern Great Plains Drought Predictability
Quarterly Climate Impacts & Outlooks
The latest Quarterly Climate Impacts and Outlook documents for the Missouri River Basin can be downloaded from our Resources > Reports page.
An archive of North Central Climate Summary and Outlook Webinars is here. There is a sign-up link at the top of the page to attend upcoming webinars.
- Planning and Drought from the American Planning Association
- National Drought Forum Summary Report and Priority Actions
- Climate Assessment Report: Causes for Hydrologic Extremes in the Upper Missouri Basin (2-page summary pdf)
- Seasonal Precipitation Forecasts Over the Missouri Basin (Executive Summary) (Full Report)
- Interpretation of the 2012 Central Great Plains Drought
- From Too Much to Too Little: How the Central US Drought of 2012 Evolved Out of One of the Most Devastating Floods on Record in 2011
- Climate Assessment Report: Understanding and Explaining Climate Extremes in the Missouri River Basin Associated with the 2011 Flooding
- Explaining Climate Extremes: An Assessment of the 2011 Missouri River Basin Flood – Executive Summary
- Climate and Agriculture Tools Workshops in Brookings SD and Casper WY – March 2016 (2-pager)
- Missouri River Basin DEWS Kickoff Meeting – February 26-27, 2014 (2-Pager)
- Missouri River Basin DEWS Tribal Engagement Workshop – September 17-18, 2014 (2-Pager)
- Missouri River Basin DEWS Kansas Tribal Engagement Workshop – November 21, 2014 (1-Pager)